Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion E8P17EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

For the past couple of weeks, my laptop kept showing a blue screen and rebooting. I scanned for malware but there was no malware. All my driver's were up to date. I used the system file checker command to fix any corrupted files. Nothing was wrong so I thought my laptop was fixed until suddenly yesterday it didn't boot up when I powered it on even though it was plugged in. Even the charging light didn't turn on. After a while the charging light did turn on and the computer booted up, but then it did a hard shutdown. It keeps doing this whenever I turn it on, sometimes after I have logged in to my account or even before during start up. My repair guy told me that the battery needs to be replaced but that the laptop should work if it's plugged in. But it is plugged in and it doesn't work. I am having trouble finding a authentic HP repairs shop or battery in my country but in the meanwhile I would still like to use my laptop. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.