Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

HP Pavilion 15

Product Name: L2W54EA#ABU
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion 15 automatically intalled the Windows 10 1607 update but it stopped my keyboard working. Oddly it was possible to enter my PIN but then the keyboard no longer worked after the home screen appeared. Using a USB keyboard gave the same result. 

I removed the update and the keyboard worked again but I assume if I let the 1607 update install again the same problem will happen.

I have used the HP Supprt Assistant and installed all the updates but the BIOS update will not go away. It looks like the BIOS update is not supported for this model.

The currnt BIOS is F.43 07/29/2016. The latest is F.43 8/15/2016

I tried to make a USB flash drive after identifying my System ID as 2293 but when selecting the BIOS file to install 02293.bin is not listed. The only ones available are 0227D.bin, 02291.bin, 0227A.bin, 02299.bin and 02292.bin.

My question is where can I get the BIOS update file to match my Syetm Board ID (2293) and will updating the BIOS enable me to run the Windows 10 1607 update?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 15

Hi @kiw1969,

Welcome to the HP Forum! Smiley Happy It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide.  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that when your system updated to Windows 10 , 1607 you lost your keyboard function. You connected an external one, but there was no change. You have tried to update the BIOS but have not succeeded. The latest recommended BIOS is on the software and driver page for your notebook. HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p245sa (ENERGY STAR) The HP Support Assistant  will aid with any recommended  HP updates. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS as a guide. 

Just to let you know I had a similar experience and like you I thought the keyboard wasn't working and reverted back to the previous version. I again had this issue on another notebook that was running Windows 10 successfully and had to reset it.  On startup my keyboard did not respond, Like you I connected an external one but there was no change. As I knew that it was working fine before did  some poking around and  I discovered that what had happened is that the stick key was automatically turn on. If I pressed and held the key, the keyboard responded. Please check this setting as I think that is what has occurred and it is such an easy fix.

• Go to ease of access
  • choose Make the keyboard easier to use
  • uncheck 'Turn on Filter Keys- Ignore or slow down brief or repeated keystrokes and adjust the keyboard repeat rates.
  • click apply and OK

Hopefully this is what has occurred and your keyboard should now be back to normal.  Please let me know if this worked for you.

Please click the “Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation