Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

System: HP Pavilion DV4-1125nr Notebook PC

Product#: FR922UAR#AB

System Board Id: 30F7

BIOS Version (before update): F.12

I tried to upgrade the BIOS to F.55 which was provided by HP. After successfull installation of new BIOS windows shutdown properly. I start the PC again, HP Logo appears, and then nothing happen. The OS does not load or boot at all.

I also tried to boot using Windows 98 Second Edition CD (to load DOS) but this also did not work.

Please help me...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Luckily Found a Solution to this problem.

Here are the summarized (and modified according to my requirements) stpes I have taken from the following thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/DV4-1140GO-won-t-boot-after-flashing-latest-Bios/m-p/...

1. Go to hp site and download the correct version of your BIOS. In my case F.12 was needed. Why not latest version? Because there is no guarantee that latest will work for you, see details after the steps.

2. Go to where you downloaded the file and using 7-Zip (or your tool of choice of course) unzip the contents to a folder of your choice. We'll get to this again later, so keep this folder open.

3. Use 128MB or any USB Thumbdrive/Flashdrive (the smallest you could find, since they said the smaller the better ) and reformatted as FAT or FAT32 by right clicking the drive and clicking "format"

4. Now that my USB thumbdrive is ready, go back to the folder where you extracted the BIOS update file (The folder's still open right?)

5. If you have Integrated Intel Graphics like me, copy the "30F7F12U.FD" to the USB drive and RENAME the file "30F7F12U.FD" to "30F7.BIN". Remember that this name is for the system "DV4-1125nr". If you have a different motherboard, system or BIOS, then the name should be according to that.

The next steps are 0.0's exact steps (the link of full detail discussion is provided below), which I've merely numbered:

6. Disconnect the AC adapter from the notebook.

7. Remove the battery from the notebook.

8. Inserted the USB thumb drive into one of the USB ports on the notebook.
Didn't seem to matter which one.

9. Hold down the 'Windows' Key and the 'B' key.

10. Connected the AC adapter.

11. Pressed the 'Power' button on the notebook.

12. When the LEDs came on, let go of power button and the two keys held down earlier.

13. After about 10 seconds the notebook started reading the USB thumb drive. While searching for the file the notebook beeped once a second.
The number of beeps varied, depending on how big the thumb drive was and
the number of files on the thumb drive, from just one beep to many.
If the file was not found, the notebook would reset itself and try again.

14. If the file was found then it took about 12 seconds for the notebook to load it. No beeping sounds heard during the loading time.

15. When loaded the notebook started flashing, indicated by beeps every 2 seconds. This took about 32 seconds.

16. About 5 seconds after the beeping had stopped the notebook shutdown.

First I update my pc with the Latest BIOS (F.66), but did not work for me (OS did not loaded after HP Logo :smileysad:). So I decided to roll back to old F.12 (the version that was shipped when laptop was purchased) according to the procedure described above. But the problem was where to find F.12 version as HP at the moment gives links only for BIOS version F.66 to F.55 (in drivers section of hp support site)  :HalfEyes:

Luckily I found a direct link to that F.12 version in the following thread.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-compaq/304332-c700-cq40-cq45-dv4-dv5-dv6-hdx18t-insyde-bios-recov...

F.12 version:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40501-41000/sp40749.exe

This one was F.12 and worked for me. Thank God Almighty I got my PC back. :OpenSmile:

Thanks to all those who contributed in the above threads.

Regards,

-gmuhammad.

******** If you think this post helped you, then please give KUDOS ***********

******* Close the thread (Accept as Solution) If your problem is solved *******

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Luckily Found a Solution to this problem.

Here are the summarized (and modified according to my requirements) stpes I have taken from the following thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/DV4-1140GO-won-t-boot-after-flashing-latest-Bios/m-p/...

1. Go to hp site and download the correct version of your BIOS. In my case F.12 was needed. Why not latest version? Because there is no guarantee that latest will work for you, see details after the steps.

2. Go to where you downloaded the file and using 7-Zip (or your tool of choice of course) unzip the contents to a folder of your choice. We'll get to this again later, so keep this folder open.

3. Use 128MB or any USB Thumbdrive/Flashdrive (the smallest you could find, since they said the smaller the better ) and reformatted as FAT or FAT32 by right clicking the drive and clicking "format"

4. Now that my USB thumbdrive is ready, go back to the folder where you extracted the BIOS update file (The folder's still open right?)

5. If you have Integrated Intel Graphics like me, copy the "30F7F12U.FD" to the USB drive and RENAME the file "30F7F12U.FD" to "30F7.BIN". Remember that this name is for the system "DV4-1125nr". If you have a different motherboard, system or BIOS, then the name should be according to that.

The next steps are 0.0's exact steps (the link of full detail discussion is provided below), which I've merely numbered:

6. Disconnect the AC adapter from the notebook.

7. Remove the battery from the notebook.

8. Inserted the USB thumb drive into one of the USB ports on the notebook.
Didn't seem to matter which one.

9. Hold down the 'Windows' Key and the 'B' key.

10. Connected the AC adapter.

11. Pressed the 'Power' button on the notebook.

12. When the LEDs came on, let go of power button and the two keys held down earlier.

13. After about 10 seconds the notebook started reading the USB thumb drive. While searching for the file the notebook beeped once a second.
The number of beeps varied, depending on how big the thumb drive was and
the number of files on the thumb drive, from just one beep to many.
If the file was not found, the notebook would reset itself and try again.

14. If the file was found then it took about 12 seconds for the notebook to load it. No beeping sounds heard during the loading time.

15. When loaded the notebook started flashing, indicated by beeps every 2 seconds. This took about 32 seconds.

16. About 5 seconds after the beeping had stopped the notebook shutdown.

First I update my pc with the Latest BIOS (F.66), but did not work for me (OS did not loaded after HP Logo :smileysad:). So I decided to roll back to old F.12 (the version that was shipped when laptop was purchased) according to the procedure described above. But the problem was where to find F.12 version as HP at the moment gives links only for BIOS version F.66 to F.55 (in drivers section of hp support site)  :HalfEyes:

Luckily I found a direct link to that F.12 version in the following thread.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-compaq/304332-c700-cq40-cq45-dv4-dv5-dv6-hdx18t-insyde-bios-recov...

F.12 version:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40501-41000/sp40749.exe

This one was F.12 and worked for me. Thank God Almighty I got my PC back. :OpenSmile:

Thanks to all those who contributed in the above threads.

Regards,

-gmuhammad.

******** If you think this post helped you, then please give KUDOS ***********

******* Close the thread (Accept as Solution) If your problem is solved *******

HP Recommended

I just wanted to cofirm this successfully worked for me on the DV4-1125nr -- BIG THANK YOU!!!

Only differences or notables are:

Used a 4GB drive, formatted FAT32

Used the f.04 BIOS (after trying several others)

Extracted all the files from the SP40621 into a folder

Made a copy of the 30F7F04.FD and renamed it 30F7.BIN

I'm not sure if it made a difference, but I did copy ALL the files to my drive that were extracted, including the renamed copy of 30F7F04.FD

Everything else went as described, and I couldn't be more happier!

HP Recommended

Ref. 

Re: HP Pavilion DV4-1125nr Unable to boot after BIOS upgrade from version F.12 to F.55

System: HP Pavilion DV4-1125nr Notebook PC

Product#: FR922UAR#AB

System Board Id: 30F7

BIOS Version (before update): F.12

Request:

I tried to upgrade the BIOS which was provided by HP. After successfull installation of new BIOS windows shutdown properly. I start the PC again, HP Logo appears, and then nothing happen. The OS does not load or boot at all.

Kindly ,may I Know If The procedure explained in above refered article would work in the case of HP Pavilion DV4-1125nr ,having Intel Core2,Duo. Idonot know updated Bios version or the earlier version.

Any Response would be received with due humility and thanks.

Balbirsingh

HP Recommended

It seems to me that you have the same problem as I had in the past. But you have to make sure that what's the suitable version of BIOS for your notebook. If you are not sure you can try from F.05 to F.12 versions. BIOS name also depends on the Graphics Card. I described my experience and correct version of BIOS (F.12) in the solution. You can try but make sure during this operation you are connected to electricity, as you may have read in the stpes that you need to take out the battery for this kind of BIOS upgrade experiment.

Regards,

-gmuhammad.

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank's for the solution! 

I've used a 500MB USB2.0 (!!) drive, with Bios vF12, renamed the file u suggested, everything went as u descirbed! It was a dv4-1143cl model. 

Ki

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.