Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0032dx
Microsoft Windows 11

So on Wednesday, 12/21/22 (last wednesday as this is going up), my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop began experiencing Error ID: 41. It kept rebooting/restarting without my input and as I was watching YouTube for some solutions, I decided to just reset the thing hoping that would work somehow. I got to the reset screen, and as it was resetting it reboot (due to Error ID: 41.). When it turned back on, I was presented with a black screen with a blue-greyish box in the middle saying something along the lines of "Missing BIOS files." This scared the crap out of me. I look on YouTube for some solutions and saw something about copying another computer's files to a USB Drive and inserting the same drive into my Pavilion. Luckily, I had another Laptop (not a Pavilion though) and copied everything onto a USB Drive. Then I plugged it into my Pavilion. As I did that, it turned on and it's working (As I'm able to type this in) but now I'm experiencing a different problem. My space before all of this happened was somewhere around 250GB. Now the max is 26.5GB. Almost all of that storage is taken up by Windows files. As of posting this, I have 1.96GB of space left. I can't even install any updates due to lack of space. Is there any way for me to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mythh,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a performance issue with your HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Event ID: 41 Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This event indicates that some unexpected activity prevented Windows from shutting down correctly. Such a shutdown might be caused by an interruption in the power supply or by a Stop error.

Update the BIOS, & Chipset drivers:

• Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

If the issue persists, then Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool and Update Windows.

• Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them
  • Also, open HP Support assistant on your PC and run the Performance tune-up check.

If the issue still persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in the below documents:

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.