Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (192 Views)

HP Pavilion x2

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n103tu
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have a case open with HP ([edited]) in which a recovery USB Stick has been sent to me. have run the recovery process but will not complete. (error code 0xc0000225).

Unable to find any email or phone link to HP to discuss the problem except possibly thru this forum. any suggestions would be great as this unit was purchased new to take on holidays overseas on 5th September inst.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion x2

Hey @old-gent-78

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. Here at the Support Forums, you will find suggestions, solutions and helping hands! I am glad you had joined in.I understand that you received a USB Recovery stick from HP and would like to try and do a reinstall of Windows. You had mentioned that you receive a 0xc0000225 error code. 

Please start by Disconnecting all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

Note: Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord

When you put the Recovery Media in you should see a screen come up that says Repair your Computer. Please click Repair your Computer and: 

• Select Troubleshoot
  • Advanced Options
  • Startup Repair

If that does not work and you want to perform a full HP Recovery. Please use the following steps: 

• Insert the USB
  • Press power and Immediately press the Esc key repeatedly.
  • The Startup Menu opens.
  • Press F9 
  • Boot Device Options menu appears
  • Use the up or down arrow key to select the USB drive,
  • Press Enter.

Note: More than one USB drive or CD/DVD drive selection might be available from the list of bootable devices. If so, select one of the USB drive selections from the list to see if HP Recovery starts. If recovery does not start or a non-system disk error is displayed, restart the computer by pressing the power button, and then repeat these steps to select another USB. When recovery starts, continue using the steps to complete recovery.

If you cannot select the recovery media drive from the Boot Menu, disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Mode in the BIOS. For detailed instructions, see the Disabling Secure Boot in Windows 10 section in this document.

When prompted to run Recovery Manager from the hard drive or from media: 

• Select Run program from media
  • Click Next.
  • Select System Recovery to erase everything from hard drive and restore it to the original factory condition.
  • Then click Next.

If you have not already backed up your files, click file backup and follow the instructions. Proceeding without backing up your files will result in lost files and information.

• Select Recover without backing up your files.
  • HP Recovery Manager prepares the computer for recovery.
    • Do not click Cancel.
    • Do not stop the process.
    • The files are copied to the hard drive.

When recovery preparation is complete:

• Click Continue to proceed to the installation portion of the recovery process. 

The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs. The computer might go through several Software Installation screens; this is normal, please do not turn off your computer during this process.

When setup is complete, do the following:

• Turn off the computer.

• Reconnect all devices and cables.

• Turn on the computer.

• Do any and all Windows Updates

• Install an anti-virus (if you choose to)

• Move everything you had backed up back to your Notebook

• Install the software you wish.

Source: Performing an HP System Recovery

If this reply helped, please use the Accept as Solution button. If you want to give me a virtual high five, please click the Thumbs Up icon below. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. 

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation