08-18-2016 08:32 AM
Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More
I grasp that when you connect your notebook to power, you see a red light at the power port and it will not power on from the switch.
When posting please remember to include your product number and operating system to aid us in assisting you. Are you connecting directly to an outlet and not using a power / surge bar? Have you tried using a different electrical outlet? Here is a link that I think may help with this issue. HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter. Please let me know the outcome.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)