Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 17-e113dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

(Notes: Not 100% certain of the OS, but I know it's something Windows 😎

So the other day, I had to factory reset my laptop because it started freezing within minutes of loggin on. Wiped everything and had to re-download everything. After it reset, I situated my settings and everything and re-installed a few games and basic programs (iTunes and Chrome). It worked perfectly fine for another day, then my mouse pad froze (keyboard still functioned) so I just force quit the internet browser and forced it to shut down. Upon trying to restart it, I got the hp logo and circular "loading" icon, which lasts for about 3-5 minutes, and then it just goes to a blank screen. The fan is running pretty fast and everything seems to be capable of working, just a blank screen though. I tried hard resets, BIOS recovery and reinstalling the memory modules, all to no avail. Just ran a system extensive test and it reads:

"Hard Drive Short DST Check: FAILED

FAILURE ID: 0LWD5A-7338GT-MFPV6J-60VG03

PRODUCT ID: F9M03UA#ABA

Hard Drive 1"

So what is going on here, why did this happen, and how do I fix it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

The failure indicates that the Hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. If unit is covered by warranty please contact HP Technical support and get the part replaced. If unit is OOW and you need assitance kindly let me know.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.