Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our HP pavillion keeps going to sleep randomly after not using the mouse.  It can be 2 mins, 5 mins, 20 mins....totally random.  I've updated all of the display settings in advanced display & Power Mgt., screensaver, etc.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ewaver,

Thank you for posting this on HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you're having issues with the computer going to sleep every few minutes. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent Software or Windows update?
  • Did you check if the computer is hibernating?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows:

The hybrid sleep setting might cause an issue with the sleep mode. Change the advanced power settings to disable hybrid sleep.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control panel.

2. Make sure the View by setting is set to Category, and then click Hardware and Sound.

3. Click Power Options.

4. Click Change plan settings for the power plan that is selected.

Changing  the plan settings

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

Clicking Change advanced power settings

6. Expand Sleep, and then expand Allow hybrid sleep.

7. Select Off from the On battery drop-down menu, and then select Off from the Plugged in drop-down menu.

Selecting Off in the On battery drop-down menu

8. Click OK.

For more steps please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

Another possible option that's worth checking is from the Start Menu, select Settings, then Personalisation and then Lock Screen.  Near the bottom of this window, select Screen saver settings.  Make sure that the dropdown menu under the Screen saver heading is set to None ( if it already is, select another option, Apply it and then select None again ).  Click Apply and Ok to save any changes.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.