Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (89 Views)

HP Recovery Manager option of "Minimzed Image Recovery" and restoration of backed up files on extern

Product Name: Pavilion dm4-3050us
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I abandon my efforts to install the latest Windows 10 update, would it be a feasible and a good choice for me to command HP Recovery Manager to make the "Minimized Image Recovery" to the factory condition of OS (Windows 7 Home Edition) with drivers and select software? 

I have used HP Recovery Mgr to backup my files on an external hard drive.  Next question: How do I restore those files to my computer?  Should the restoration be done in Windows 7 or after I install Windows 10 on my computer?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: HP Recovery Manager option of "Minimzed Image Recovery" and restoration of backed up files on...

Hi@3205,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Information about the recovery. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

Yes, you can run the “Minimized recovery” to reinstall the OS provided if the Windows 10 upgrade has not changed the recovery partition or even deleted it.

Restoring the backup files is easier with HP Recovery manager.

Once the OS is installed and the PC is up and running, use the recovery manager to restore the backup files from the Ext hard drive back on to the PC.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation