Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After few trials (see also my previous post), I solved the issue as follows:

1. Unistalled the pre-installed version of the HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software (using Revo Unistaller and deleting all the left-over registry keys, files and directories)

2. Downloaded from HP Support the latest available version of the HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software (file: sp51649.exe)

3. Installed the software

4. Rebooted the system

The problem was solved 🙂

HP Recommended

@LucaBG wrote:

After few trials (see also my previous post), I solved the issue as follows:

1. Unistalled the pre-installed version of the HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software (using Revo Unistaller and deleting all the left-over registry keys, files and directories)

2. Downloaded from HP Support the latest available version of the HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software (file: sp51649.exe)

3. Installed the software

4. Rebooted the system

The problem was solved 🙂

I tried this on my dv7t-2000, it installed fine, but the reader doesnt show up as being detected.  Maybe not compatible with my version.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I´am from Germany and found this Thread. I found a Solution for my Notebook:

First deinstall all Validity Software, Digital Persona Software or Simplepass Software over Programs & Functions and make then my Steps:

1. Download and install the latest Fingerprint Driver
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53369.exe

2. After Installation done, go to the Device Manager and make right click on the Biometric Sensor and select Driver Update.

Select then search manually on the Computer and browse then to this Path C:\Program Files\Validity Sensors\Shared\Drivers. Click then ok

Then was install a newer Driver for the Fingerprint Sensor.

3. If Installation done, install the Simplepass Software from Egistec
http://www.egistec.com/websitedownload/patch/bioexcess/HPSimPlePass7.0.74.0.zip

4. If this done, install the Patch to update to newest Version
http://www.egistec.com/websitedownload/patch/BioExcess/RELEASE7.1BUILD5.9%20BIOEXCESS7.1B5.0-HP.zip

Then reboot Notebook and it should be work.

Mfg
Martin

HP Recommended

@Schranzistor wrote:

Hello,

I´am from Germany and found this Thread. I found a Solution for my Notebook:

First deinstall all Validity Software, Digital Persona Software or Simplepass Software over Programs & Functions and make then my Steps:

1. Download and install the latest Fingerprint Driver
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53369.exe

2. After Installation done, go to the Device Manager and make right click on the Biometric Sensor and select Driver Update.

Select then search manually on the Computer and browse then to this Path C:\Program Files\Validity Sensors\Shared\Drivers. Click then ok

Then was install a newer Driver for the Fingerprint Sensor.

3. If Installation done, install the Simplepass Software from Egistec
http://www.egistec.com/websitedownload/patch/bioexcess/HPSimPlePass7.0.74.0.zip

4. If this done, install the Patch to update to newest Version
http://www.egistec.com/websitedownload/patch/BioExcess/RELEASE7.1BUILD5.9%20BIOEXCESS7.1B5.0-HP.zip

Then reboot Notebook and it should be work.

Mfg
Martin

what laptop do you have?

On my dv7t-2000 i got "unable to detect fingerprint device" after all the steps..

HP Recommended

I got it working,

I hadtoupdate driver manually, pointingtoC:\Program Files\Validity Sensors\Shared\Drivers\WBF_0010_DRV  It warned it may not be compatible, but it worked.

It detects the reader now.

Thanks for that post though, it ultimately resulted in things working.

HP Recommended

Hello markm75d,

i have a DV8-1020eg. By my Notebook works fine. I go only to the Folder C:\Program Files\Validity Sensors\Shared\Drivers, not in a Underfolder by the manually installation from Driver.

THX for reply of my Solution

Martin

HP Recommended

So as i stated i got things working here.. however, there is still no support with firefox.. and now firefox 7 is out.

I tried swiping my finger on password entries for firefox.. no go.. no prompt to store the password.

What is the difference between this version 7 simplepass and simplepass 2011 (which looks like 5.x)? confused

HP Recommended

Hello markm75d,

if it not work by you with firefox, make this:

1. Download this Firefox-Plugin
http://amews.net/products/fingerfox/download/

2. Open Firefox and go to Add-ons. Then click on the Toolssymbol on the right side and click on "install Add-on from a file".

Select then the downloaded Firefox-Plugin and click open. If started click install.

3. If Installation done, open a Login-Webpage in Firefox and click on the Fingerfox Symbol on the left side near Firefox Button-

It open then a new Popup Window. Swipe then your Finger over Fingerprint. It open a Login Page for Username or E-Mail & Password Entries. Enter all Data and select as Button "Login" & "Automatic Open". Click then ok.

4. If you open again by the next start from Firefox a Login Page and you swiping the Finger --> you was login with Fingerprint.

MfG

Martin

HP Recommended

To fix this go to the control panel and click on the heading named Programs then click the heading Programs and Features. Look for the program labeled Validitity. After clicking it once (only once!) find the button that says Repair click it and the problem is done. Hope it works! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello,

Here ist the new Simplepass 2012 Software:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54680.exe

Hope it works

Thanks

Martin

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.