01-08-2012 08:33 PM
So on initial setup of my pavilion dv6 notebook I left the password blank. Later on in playing with all the new toys, set up HP Simplepass. Now I am required to scan a fingerprint on entry (which is fine) but when I attempted to add a password to my user account through the control panel it tells me I already have a password?? So I'm assuming it set the simplepass password as my account password?? Is there some way in simplepass to access the simplepass password? I wrote it down but it seems to have gone missing in the christmas clean up and I am worried that if the finger scanner malfunctions I won't be able to access my account. Thanks in advance for any help!
01-09-2012 12:11 AM
01-23-2012 08:28 PM
Hi when I was setting up my laptop I clicked don't show again on the pop up for the fingerprint read and now it doesn't show up when I'm checking my email but today when my friend was using my laptop she clicked on it too and now when I want to sign in for another website the fingerprint scanner pop up doesn't show so how do I reset it because I looked around and didn't see anywhere to reset it.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)