kk075
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Spectre Folio Won't Power On

HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a HP Spectre Folio about 18 months ago with the intention of using it while I travelled for work...which never happened due to COVID.  I use a PC at home so this laptop has only been booted and used maybe a dozen times total.

I went to boot it up today and it acts like the battery is dead.  Nothing happens when unplugged, or i can plug the factory charger in and see the little white light appear beside the plug-in.  If I push the power button, it lights up solid white for a few seconds and then begins to blink on/off...with no sound coming from the laptop.  From what I can tell, it's not trying to boot.

I've read many, many other accounts on here with people experiencing the same thing- they buy an expensive laptop and it's 100% DOA about 18 months later.  Not sure if this is a BIOS issue, a power management issue or Windows, but this is obviously not cool to just abandon people once they have a critical error that's at least partially hardware based.

I did try other suggestions of holding down the power button with the laptop unplugged for 8-30 seconds, and I tried charging from different ports as well with no success.  The factory cord charges my phone just fine so it's not that.  Any advice?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation