Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
spectre

I bought a 13 in hp spectre notebook a year and a half ago. I use heavy softwares, but not anything out of the ordinary. Recently, every time I try to turn on my notebook it opens to a HARDWARE NOT FOUND page. This happens repeatedly and it won't seem to go away. Also the compute is ON FIRE, as in the heat coming from it is ridiculous and the fan is always running super loud, which makes me feel like it is going to crash and burn at any second. Considering I have only had this laptop for a VERY short amount of time I am highly confused as to what could have caused this. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you able to boot into Windows?

Try performing HP hardware diagnostics at boot and see if there are any failures.

Turn off the PC by holding the power button. Turn on PC and repeatedly keep pressing ESC until the startup menu appears and then press F2 to enter diagnostics. Try the fast test, or at least the hard drive test.

See if there are any hardware errors.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Yes, I have done this. It says no hard disk found. I have some success when I do the f10 key to BIOS reset, it will reboot but half the time I turn on my computer I still get the message Boot Device Not Found

HP Recommended

Hi,

It sounds like a drive problem which probably needs to be replaced. Can you provide the exact model number or product number of the notebook so I can see what the specs are. Here is how to find it.

Model number

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Product number: 2LU96UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi.

I would try reseating the M2 drive in the notebook (remove and place back again)

page 33 of service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05811755

I would also try updating the BIOS to the latest version and see if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/1...

I sounds like the M2 Drive might have a problem.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.