Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My battery used to be working perfectly, until today. I know that the charger is working because the laptop functions when it is plugged in. However, due to a reason I cannot fill the battery. The battery is built in, so I cannot do anything about it. What can I do software wise in order to try making the battery charge again. I do not have a spare laptop that I can use, thus I cannot give it to customer service for like 2 weeks. Please help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try a power reset:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1997208-1551050-16

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Try a power reset:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1997208-1551050-16

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you!  This was a lifesaver.   I thought the battery was bust and would have to go through the process of buying a new computer.  This fixed the problem in under 5 mins!  Thank you!!

🙂

HP Recommended

Followed the steps to do a hard reset.  Worked like a champ,  Battery now charging correctly.  Eliminated the "running on power, battery not charging"

HP Recommended

my  laptop hp hewlett - packard spectre intel corei7 is not charging ,  sometime is charging sometime not . i cant open if not charging due to even is switch  on still not working 

HP Recommended

Had the exact problem. Off.  Plug in cable. Press and hold on switch and count to 30 slowly.  Hp logo will come on then go off. After 20 count, turn on normally.  Should show cable plugged in and charging.  You did a complete discharge of capacitors. Should be al good.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue, HP support instructed men to unplug any devices and power cord and shut down the laptop.  I was then instructed to hold down power button and F6 for 30 seconds, then restart.  I then plugged in the power chord and the laptop charged in both ports.  Supposedly there is some static in the ports that this fix removes.  My laptop began charging normally.  Hopefully this helps.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Spectre.  The cable is plugged in to charge but it is not showing that it is charging.  It is now wobbly as well at the insertion point and initially did not go in all of the way.  Even when its plugged in entirely, its always felt a little looser and seems to be a design defect for the Spectre.  

Please advise. 

HP Recommended

Thx to you !  This method  helped me. hp spectre 15 convertable. 

HP Recommended

Worked for me.  Full power done after 10 secs though.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.