Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Tried everything, also disconnecting battery. Doesn't help. I get the feeling the Spectre series perhaps has a design failure, because I'm seeing a lot of people with the same problem. Just spend an hour with HP support and eventually they concluded it most be the motherboard. Repairs are around €500 (according to the sales department). Really a shame for this otherwise great laptop . It works great but after just a few years this simple thing is defective.... 😣

HP Spectre X360 13" 

HP Recommended

You have try, another way maybe.  Turn the laptop off, than connect the power cable, than push the power button and the f6 button at the same time about 20 sec. After charge the laptop full.  I hope this method  solve your problem. 

HP Recommended

Hi Hajcsaka

Already tried that. According to HP Support holding the on/off button for 15 seconds  has the same result. Still nothing charging. Also in my case the adapter isn't recognized at all. Thanks anyway for helping 👍

HP Recommended

So my issue wasn’t software related but hardware. The charger itself appeared to be defective. Bought a replacement at Best Buy and immediately started charging. I did notice that the port itself was a little wobbly and loose inside of it too.  So recommend to folks to also check that instead of these other restart steps. 

Makes you wonder though how many hardware issues there are. It’s not like the defect just was in one PC. 

HP Recommended

I was wondering the same. In my case the adapter is good (exchanged it with another one), no luck. The connection looks good (not wobbly). But I already read that this is a common problem in the mainboard of the Spectre series. I am one of the unlucky ones that also has this issue. According to HP Support the mainboard needs to be replaced. It;s a very expensive part. Little frustrating that this is happening already with this top of the line model laptop. The laptop otherwise is great. I'm really afraid because we have a second Spectre here, when will that one stop working? We spend a little more on better laptops, hoping to use them longer..... 

HP Recommended

Thank you. It's worked for me!

HP Recommended

Glad it worked for you! Sometimes it can be that simple .  Best of luck👍

HP Recommended

Still not solved for my HP-Spectre, very disappointed, very expensive but it's not worth. 

HP Recommended

You had this problem since March,or not? I'm hoping HP is picking this up fast and adequate. As far as I can see this is a manufacturing error and many people have  the same problem. Given the top of the line product, this is not supposed to happen.  In Europe we have laws that protect consumers from this and make the suppliers fix the problem even though normal guarantee has expired. We have a lot of HP products, until now very reliable. I really hope HP picks this up and fixes the problem. I will let you know. 

How did your case go?

HP Recommended

I've had this problem in various incarnations, same computer, win 10.

1st incarnation plug in charger does nothing, but the usb type C PD does

2nd incarnation plug in charger only charges when laptop is off, charging lights work normal, but when turned on, no charging

When charging fails, usually the little charging "symbol" on the battery icon (the addition of an AC cord and plug) shows for 12 seconds and then goes off. During this time, the charge led does not light.

Depending on which Win 10 update I have had:

1. sometimes everything works.

2. sometimes recalibrating the battery works (from the F2 key diagnostics menu at boot time)

3. sometimes plugging and unplugging the charger works

4. currently only the type C will charge the computer, charging icon comes on 12 seconds and goes off.

This is ridiculous, Microsoft should not be able to affect whether the system charges or not, all I need is software to cause trouble with a simple system.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.