Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johntonybrown
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Spectre x360 15 randomly turns off

HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx. 

It runs Windows 10, no real accessories attached to speak of, and is about 1.33 years old and out of warranty.

My laptop was hit with the battery swelling problem but I pretty much ignored it as I didn't know that's what was causing my touchpad to popup. 

Then about a month ago the laptop turned off randomly. The light next to the charging port would just slow blink on and off. Holding the power button for 15 seconds did nothing. I assumed it was the swollen battery causing it so I swapped the battery, did the 15-second power reset and then my PC was up and running.

It has now happened for the past two weeks where both times I disconnected the battery and did the 15-second reset.  I now assume just disconnecting and reconnecting a battery (rather than changing the battery the first time did the trick, though th battery needed to be changed anyway).

• After one of the shutdowns, I updated the BIOS to the latest version but it still shut down the following week.
  • I ran the full diagnostic from the bios there were 0 errors.
  • The event viewer yields two diff errors just before the shutdown:
  • One warning: "The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report."
  • Another warning: "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user DESKTOP-0NQSI1A\xxxx SID (S-1-5-21-2098124933-4078632089-2573920212-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

Is there anything else I need to look at? Is it overheating or shorting maybe? The only constant is that when it happens the light just blinks and holding the power button does nothing and I have to disconnect the battery to get it to turn off.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation