Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

My laprop needs to be recovered and I need the recovery media. It will not boot up to the OS.

Product id: N1R86UA#ABA

It is not listed n the HP cloud recovery tool so the USB recovery media is the only option. When I tried to order the USB media nothing happens after I put in the credit card.

How can I order a USB media for my laptop or how can I recover?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can make your own W10 installation media using the media creation tool at the link below to clean install W10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4100-x360-convertible-pc/8499273/mode...

Since I don't work for or represent HP, I wouldn't be able to help you buy recovery media from HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

Windows 10 came with the laptop from HP. What about licensing? Is this a fresh install of windows10 or the original windows 10 that came from HP?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You will have a legal license by clean installing W10 because the W10 OEM product key is in your notebook's BIOS.

You don't even have to know what the key is, and W10 will automatically find it and activate.

You will have a plain installation of W10 without any of the HP drivers and software that originally came with your notebook, which is why you have to install the drivers and software from the support page.

I also checked your notebook's product number on the cloud recovery tool link and it reported 'Not available.'

I find that odd because the info link to the cloud recovery tool is on your notebook's support page.

I have a HP Stream 11 Pro G4 notebook that has the same issue...link to cloud recovery tool is on the support page but my notebook is not supported.

I have two other HP notebooks with the cloud recovery tool on the support page and they were supported.

Go figure...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.