Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is for all of you looking to find HP Support Assistant for various versions of Windows 7, Vista, and XP.

The link is http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-self-support.html

Good luck installing!  :generic:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey, MKKhan.

I see that you're having an issue uninstalling HP support Assistant and while uninstalling it you get the "error 1316" message.

The error 1316 is a common error message when trying to reinstall/upgrade a software program (like iTunes etc.)

Follow this document and go down the page and run the fix they have posted which should look like this.

Capture.PNG

Run this fix, it will ask you what program you're trying to uninstall. After you uninstall it through the fix you can go ahead and install the Support Assistant again. 

Make sure and go to the HP website and download the current HPSA from there. 

Let me know the outcome of this step. If you have any questions just ask me.

THX

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

I want to down load HP support Assistant for smooth running

HP Recommended

Why can't I download the latest HP Support Assistant. I tried the download and pressed run then allow after a pop up message and get an error message my system in not ok and Error 1602. I am trying to upgrade from version 6.0.54 running on Win 7 Home Premium 32

HP Recommended

Need a update for my Vista Home Basic display driver. I'm having trouble with HP Support Assistant which should have and update.  Oldwuf

HP Recommended

Downloaded and installed HP Support Assistant for laptop with Windows 7.  Supposedly, it completed successfully and required a reboot.  After reboot, opened HP Support Assistant but immediately got an error message saying it stopped working.  Any suggestions?  Error data listed below:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: hpsf.exe

Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1.1

Problem Signature 03: 50645750

Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework

Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4f350630

Problem Signature 07: 6263

Problem Signature 08: e1

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 as well as others, and don't know what is going on. "HPSF.exe has stopped working"! What is going on with that??? "This application has encountered a serious problem and must close" I am confused.

HP Recommended

For Windows 7 and Windows 8 only_Go to Control Panel, Programs & Features.Select HP Support Assistant and uninstall it. Restart your machine after removing it.

Next download the latest version for your machine from the link:

http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/us/en/pclc/articles/hp-support-assistant.html?jumpid=ex_r602_go/hpsupp...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help> I have since taken care of it. Updated HP Support Assistant, and now it is working fine. :generic:

HP Recommended

i cant use no more my 'HP Support Assistant' it says to me " This application has encounteret a serious problem and must close" before it was workin veri good but one day has requested me an update and when it has finished updating and installing the HP Support Assistant changed the interface and it's no working enymore. can u help me????

HP Recommended

Performed the uninstall and reload as recommended.  Things looked pretty good when Support Assistant was initially opened; however, when selecting "Action Log", error message appeared saying that HP Support Assistant stopped working and needed to close.

Repeated the uninstall and reload process, only to see a repeat of the error when "Action Log" was selected.  It appears that this problem occurs only when associated with "Action Log".  All other selections seem to work fine; or at least, do not generated a fatal error.

Anyone else encounter this problem?  Any recommendations? 

The previous version of Support Assistant worked fine.  Is this indicative of HP's future product quality and support? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.