Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0003na

Hi,

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but not sure where to go exactly!

I've seen other people saying that they get a "support unavailable" message when trying to log a dispute over an expired warranty. And also about warranties with incorrect expiry dates. So both of these things seem to be pretty common with HP.  And I've got these issues too. My laptop, which I purchased 15th September 2018 died a few days ago but the warranty was activated in June 2018 - 3 months before I had even bought it - and it expired in June 2019.

As for the laptop itself, after getting multiple blue screens and it rebooting itself it suddenly then just wouldn't boot up again beyond recovery. I tried various things including system restore and reset to factory settings and nothing has worked, there is always an error of some kind. Now I can't get beyond recovery mode and I can't dispute the fact that the warranty should not have expired yet either!

Can anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

For whatever reason, HP starts the warranty clock ticking the minute the PC leaves the assembly plant.

So the longer the PC sits somewhere before being purchased, the less time remains on the warranty.

Did you try the online warranty dispute process?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, I have tried multiple times over the last 3 days but all I get is a message saying the service is temporarily unavailable. I've seen posts from other people on here going back over the last year or so that have had exactly the same issue, so the dispute process clearly doesn't work!

HP Recommended

I will ask one of our forum moderators to intercede and get you in contact with someone from HP customer services to get this matter straightened out.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.