05-03-2010 02:38 PM
Hi! I am really beginning to worry! I have turned HP Advisor of every time i boot my laptop. I thought it was just a side-program to help you out, and it takes up half my CPU. Now my laptop has started to do some sort of check every time i boot, it always tells me that a new update has been installed. But then an error happens. It is something like Error 766f6...... something.. Was it a bad mistake to turn HP Advisor off? Is it an important program? Please help!!
05-03-2010 02:59 PM
HP Advisor isn't needed, and in fact I uninstalled it. I'm not sure which program is giving the alerts now,maybe HP Updates?
To check manually to see if any important updates are available for your model use "Support & Drivers" button at top of this page. Type in complete model number as shown in section 1 below.P/N in section 2 also will work:
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)