Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8540w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have just upgraded from 7 to Windows 10.  HP Connection Manager 4 will not work with Windows 10.   HP website does not include a drop down for Windows 10 so apparently no drivers doenloads are available for this model.

Any solutions to this?  Otherwise I have to unistall Win 10...

Mareksr

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

i have the same problem on elitebook 6930P
i was fix it with hp coniction manager when i hase windows 7
now iwhant to install it i see massage tell me thes aplecation BLOCKED by your protiction

HP Recommended

I do have same problem. Does someone find the solution ?

HP Recommended

Hi there guys, I am experiencing the same on my Elitebook 8540p... I am unable to use my broadband module as I cant run connection manager on it.. .does anyone have a solution here?

HP Recommended

I read somewhere there is no connection manager for win10 and you should use the Windows 10 build in.

I have the issue that, on the same laptop, I have a dual boot system and with the new Win10 install I do get the Win 10 mobile connect, but with the from Win7 upgraded I do not get the mobile connect from Win 10.
Well the mobile part is there in Network settings, but it doesnt seem to see my hs3110 altough the drivers are updated and correctly installed. It looks like a part is missing from the new gui.

But in my case I have a workaround, I use netsh to connect, which prooves my modem is correectly installed.

These are the batch file commands  I use, you may need to alter.

to connect:

netsh mbn connect interface="cellular" connmode=name name="HPCM4_206050003250024"
netsh mbn show interfaces
pause

to disconnect :

netsh mbn disconnect "cellular"
pause

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended
Bud so what you are saying is that if I do a fresh Win 10 install, it will work fine? But what about my free upgrade from win7? Doesn't win10 require a key? Will it activate?

I have no idea how this netsh works man lol.. Where do I type that? Comand prompt?
HP Recommended

goto a command prompt (cmd) 
type netsh mbn show profiles

>>>note the name of the profile.

then type

>>>note the name of the interface

if there is no profile and/or interface I'm afraid it stops here.

If you have both then type
netsh mbn connect interface="your_interface_name"  connmode=name name="your_profile_name"

Then type again

>>>verify if the state = connected.

If so, you are connected

If not, I'm afraid I can't help you any further.

To disconnect type 

netsh mbn disconnect "your_interface_name"

You can verify if you are disconnected by typing 

>>>verify if the state = disconnected

HP Recommended

Guys,

I had the same problem but solved it.  Some of the help came from “hungdq3” post but I just added the missing instruction and done it differently.

1. Download SP53068 (Gobi 2000 driver) + SP53394 (HP Connection Manager v4)
  2. Enabled secret administrator account (net user administrator /active:yes)
  3. Login using the administrator account - This important as the installation will be BLOCKED
  4. Install SP53394
  5. Under C:\SWSETUP\SP53394, locate hpcm.mci and HPCMSetup.exe and change the compatibility to windows 7
  6. Run hpcm.mci to install the Connection Manager
  7. Under Program File (x86)\Hewlett-Packard/HP Connection Manager, locate the following files and set the compatibility to Windows 7:
    1. Gowireless
    2. HPGoWireless
    3. HPCOnnectionManager
  8. The HP Connection Manager will be installed now. Open it but don’t do anything yet. If you try to use it, it will tell you that there is no driver installed.
  9. Install SP53068
  10. Under C:\SWSETUP\SP53068, locate Qualcomm folder and run the “GobiInstaller” to install the driver.
  11. Logout from the administrator account and login using the user account
  12. Locate and open the HP Connection Manager and setup the correct APN
  13. ENJOY!!!
HP Recommended

Hai benOzzie,

Many thanks for this [13 step] solution.

It worked for me on mij HP Elitebook 844p

HP Recommended

Hi benOzzie,

great!!

it works like a charme

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.