Post new question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (162 Views)

HP recovery manager in windows 10

Product Name: hp envy sleekbook 6 1103tu
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have a problem about hp recovery manager. few months ago I upgraded to the Win10, and I reset(Soft reset) my  pc yesterday. after that,I tried to find HP recovery manager but I couldnt find it. I need to install HP divers to my notebook 

HP 3d drive guard, coolsense,beats audio etc. I am still using windows 10 and I tried to install it from internet but it didnt work. so help me to install recovery manager please.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: HP recovery manager in windows 10

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.

So, even if you did download and reinstall the HP Recovery Manager, it would do you no good as the underlying information has been corrupted by the Win10 Upgrade.

If you are trying to install stuff that came with Win7, you need to know that most of that will NOT work in Win10, as it was designed to work with Win7, not Win10.  So, that is wasting your time.

Unfortunately, the HP Website is not cooperting right now as searches for your drivers some back with "404 not found", so I can't link you to a driver page, but unless the page you are using says the drivers are for Win10 (and the software, as well), you are wasting your time trying to use them.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: HP recovery manager in windows 10

It came with Win8. If downgrade my OS, can I use the recovery manager?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation