Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cr0000 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How long does it take to repair a laptop? Our laptop had a problem late August 2020 and had contacted HP for support. After trying to repair and recover with no success and had to ship it back to HP for repair. It was shipped back to HP which received on 9/2/2020. Today, received I believed is the 4th email that the return of my product will be delay and expect to have it by 10/23/2020. Does anyone has experience with HP repair service and does it takes that long to repair? The worst thing is the warranty of the laptop just expired this month and I can't even open a case or do support chat anymore. And, one thing I didn't even pay attention on the warranty. I purchased the laptop on Nov 25, 2018, why is it the 2 year warranty expired already? Does anyone know how I can contact HP with phone support or chat support?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ernie-4Laptop 

There's not much we here can do about this, other than to send this "up the line" to have someone from HP contact you -- which is what I will do at the end of this.

Most places are staffed down due to the Pandemic and that is taking a LOT longer for everything -- so I would not be surprised if a repair that used to take days now takes weeks.

As to the warranty, the start date is set when the PC is BUILT, not when it is SOLD, so if it sits in a warehouse for months, that will already have it expire less than 12 months after you bought it.  Plus, unless you bought a Care Pack, the warranty is 12 months, not longer.

I will ask that someone from HP contact you about this situation.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@Ernie-4Laptop I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can simply click here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.