Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook PC 13

I have a HP Stream Notebook PC 13.  It is a little over 18 months old and I have barely used it.  Yet, it constantly freezes and is painfully slow.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there @HPuser19891, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community. I will do my absolute best to help you resolve the slow performance and freezing issues that you have experienced on your HP Stream Notebook PC. Please use the links in the questions below to troubleshoot and then re-post with the answers to the questions/results of the troubleshooting. 

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you tried to do a disk defragment?

Have you tried to do a disk cleanup?

Have you tried cleaning the vents?

Is the Fan Noisy or Spin Constantly?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time that need updating. 

Here are some documents for you that may help:

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking Accept as Solution button, to the right of the thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs up icon to show your appreciation for my efforts today!  Smiley Happy

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help. When you re-post, please provide me with the detailed results from the troubleshooting above, your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

Thank you for joining in!

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.