Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (129 Views)

HP support assistant add a device failure

[ Edited ]

I've never been able to get the "detect device" method to work.  I've always manually added devices by using their serial # and product #.  However now it won't let me do that.  I'll enter my serial and product #s, it will find the info for that device but nothing happens when I click "add to my devices".  I have 56 devices in my account so maybe that has something to do with it.  I'm using version 8.5.37.19.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (97 Views)

Re: HP support assistant add a device failure

Hi @ITMattC,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are having issues adding devices to HP support assistant.

I'll be glad to help you Smiley Happy

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the HP support assistant was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant and restart the computer. Then download and install from the below link and test.

http://hp.care/2B0dR3W

Please refer to the below article to know more about HP support assistant.

http://hp.care/2B0dSow

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care Smiley Happy

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (76 Views)

How do uninstall HP Support Assistant?  In the Programs and Features control panel I have HP Support Solutions Framework, HP Touchpoint Analytics Client and HP Update.  When I tried to uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework it stopped the uninstall because it said it is needed by HP Support Assistant.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (75 Views)

nevermind I found the uninstaller: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\UninstallHPSA.exe right? 

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (70 Views)

UninstallHPSA.exe did nothing.  Suggestions?

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (56 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey there! @ITMattC, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues uninstalling HP support assistant on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

As you mentioned you have issues uninstalling HP support assistant on your PC.

Try the steps recommended below.

Uninstall the HP support assistant from your PC and try creating a new user account and install the latest version of HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about creating a new user account on your PC.

In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.
On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.
Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.
Restart your computer to complete the process.

Update HP support assistant using this link.

Also, if you still have issue uninstalling HPSA try uninstalling the software using Revo uninstaller.

You can search for Revo uninstaller in google and download the software.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot HP support assistant issues.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! Smiley Happy

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation