Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello @frantk,

You are also having an issue with your webcam, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

HP manufactured will over 100 CQ56 model laptops, can you please provide the full model number? If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this document.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

la camera non funzione

HP Recommended

my web cam not function

HP Recommended

Nu vrea sami mwargaa camera

HP Recommended

make an update

HP Recommended

@RedRose0528 wrote:

@HELLO @frantk,

You are also having an issue with your webcam, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

HP manufactured will over 100 CQ56 model laptops, can you please provide the full model number? If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this document.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Here is my webcam Hardware ID's

Hardware ID:

USB\VID_058F&PID_A001&REV_0014&M1_00

USB\VID_058F&PID_A001&MI_00

Compatible Hardware ID's:

USB\Class_0e&SubClass_03&prot_00

USB\Class_0e&SubClass_03

USB\Class_0e

I need HP specific drivers for the HP 101 Camera. Now you have the hardware ID you shouldnt need to know the machine Part number.

At the moment it's running on Win 7 usbcam.inf drivers which have caused the camera to lock with "please close any programs you have open which are using the camera" message.

There are multiple of threads dedicated to this issue. Why haven't HP released a Patch or Updated driver?

HP Recommended

sir plzzz hp-webcam 101 ka sowftwere  ya driver send kar do 

HP Recommended

Not yet solved i try  compatibility i cantfound youcam there 

@dave_is_here wrote:

I did not find the answer on any website so I thought outside the box.  I figured it out!  This is how I did it.

-  Click on "Start" button

-  In search, type  "Compatibility"

-  Click on "Run programs made for previous versions of windows"

-  Scroll down to "Youcam", click on it and next

-  Click on "Try recommended settings"

-  This should work

-  To activate it go to start, type in "Youcam"

-  Click on the youcam program

I hope this works for all that try it!

not working

HP Recommended

And i dont know how solve this problem advise me

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.