11-26-2016 06:53 PM
A friend of the family, gave me this laptop and it doesn't get pass the loading screen, I've tried the F2 and got a Hard Drive Short DST check: Failed and the Failure ID: GSN2MV-88G8AB-XD7WLK-60UU03 Product Id: MOA67AV. I don't understand, I'm not that good with computers but try to figure things out with online solves.
11-26-2016 09:17 PM
Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.
The error indicates faulty Hard Disk Drive (HDD). Since this is faulty HDD, you will probably not be able to recovery your friend's files.
Based on the error code I can see the computer has active warranty until December, 23rd.
If this is is the case, the repair will be for free.
Please contact HP Support and inform them. They will work with you about the way to replace the faulty component. Contact HP:
Hope this helps.
* If my comment helped you, use the button below to accept this post as a solution
* If you like my post, please, click below on the White Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.
Best wishes, IT_WinSec --------------------------------
I do not work for HP Inc. I express personal opinion only.
Full time technical support team lead | Part time cyber security engineer and consumer support technician
> Reinventors | Keep Reinventing
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)