Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 17m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With an apparent Windows update, the disk cleanup utility now includes something called "hello face" as one of the options.

This option was preselected when I cleaned my disk on 2/21, and all was apparently fine until I next rebooted my laptop. Windows hello no longer works; I cannot delete or update it from the sign-in options, and the directions under the disk cleanup for restoring it do not work either, It specifically says: "when you uninstall the optional hello face component, signing into Windows using facial recognition might not work.  You'll still be able to log in with your Windows Hellow PIN or a username and password combination. To turn this back on in the future, go to Settings, search for Add an optional feature, select Add a feature, and then select Windows Hello Face.

There is no such option on my system for adding Windows Hello Face. Nothing I have tried has worked including deleting all of the devices, updating all of the firmware and attempting to remove and reinstall through the sign-in options on accounts.

When I reboot I get an error that "sorry, something has gone wrong," and I can sign in with my PIN.

I have tried to delete the PIN, which works, but the hello face feature is still there and still does not work.

Is this a windows bug? Was the turn back on facility overlooked?

Does anyone have a solution to fix this?

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.