Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)

Help Regarding Installing Windows 7

Product Name: HP ay007tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to install windows 7 x64 on my laptop HP ay007tx in UEFI mode with gpt. Any idea how to get win7 to boot up.

I already tried rufus to burn in uefi mode and also tried to put bootx64.efi in bootable Pd but it didnt boot up.

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 2 (43 Views)

Re: Help Regarding Installing Windows 7

Alinp007 wrote:

I want to install windows 7 x64 on my laptop HP ay007tx in UEFI mode with gpt. Any idea how to get win7 to boot up.

I already tried rufus to burn in uefi mode and also tried to put bootx64.efi in bootable Pd but it didnt boot up.

Hello,

Thank you for posting. Welcome  to the forum!

Your PC model originally came with no operating system preinstalled. Because of this, when no hardware issues are there, you should seek support directly from the operating system vendor (Windows = a.k.a. Microsoft).

I strongly recommend you try to install Windows 7 in :

- Secure Boot - disabled mode

- BIOS (Legacy) mode, not UEFI

- MBR mode

If you want to try to install Win7 in UEFI mode, you can read this Microsoft blog article >> https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2011/05/31/installing-windows-7-on-uefi-based-computer/

or reach to Microsoft Support for assistance >> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/answerdesk/chat/default.aspx?productkey=awasahome

Hope this works for you.

* If my comment helped you, use the button below to accept this post as a solution

* if you want to say thanks, please, click below on the White Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.

Smiley WinkDon't leave the forum - provide your reply, update about your issue and feedback.

Best wishes, IT_WinSec ----------------
I do not work for HP Inc. I express personal opinion only.
I work as consumer support technician, cyber security engineer and endpoint devices technical support team lead
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation