Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
stream
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello.

I am looking for some help because a couple days ago my HID- complaint mouse stop working and is missing. How do I reinstall the drivers for this? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Tracyl2018, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that touchpad on your laptop stopped working.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with an external mouse and does it work?

Please provide the product number of your PC for better assistance.

Try the steps recommended below.

On some touchpads, you can turn the TouchPad on or off by double tapping in the upper-left corner of the TouchPad. Double tap to turn the TouchPad on, repeat to turn the TouchPad off.
Perform a hard reset by following the steps in the HP document Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. A hard reset clears the driver instructions. Your computer rereads all instructions from the drivers and software stored in the Operating System which can solve some problems.
Be sure you have the latest drivers for your TouchPad. Use the following steps to install the latest drivers.
Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads web page. Enter your computer model number and then click Go.
Select your computer model from the list of results.
Select your operating system from the drop-down menu and then click Next.
Scroll down to select the driver category Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices.
Click Download next to the appropriate TouchPad or ClickPad driver. The file downloads to your Downloads folder
Open your Downloads folder and double-click to install the latest driver. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Return the computer to a software configuration when the TouchPad was working by restoring the system to a time when the touchpad was working correctly. For more information go to Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10 and 8).

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchpad issues.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello 

Thank you for responding I am going to go a little more into my problem here. I have a Hp Stream Notebook. On Monday the 27th of Feb. 2017 I turned on my computer to find out that the wireless mouse stopped working. When I removed the dungled that plugs into the usb a message said window doesnt regonize this device. There fore that is why I need help. I have tried everything unstalling reinstalling, going to this trouble shoot and others. Then I noticed that I am missing some Hid complaint mouse and drivers. I have tried system restore and nothing. Can you please help me out. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Tracyl2018

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Run a Hardware test on the touchpad using hardware diagnostics tool program in windows.  
  • Click here and follow the 5th solution link.
  • If it shows any errors, it should be a hardware issue. 
  • Please contact HP Phone support for assistance.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.