Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (70 Views)

Hiren's 10.6

Hi. 

I have brought my computer to Hp's assistance and when it came back from the assistance I got a cd with it, with "hiren's 10.6". I was not told what to do, so I want to ask: what  does this cd need for ? Thank you for your answers.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (33 Views)

Re: Hiren's 10.6

@dragolollo

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that along with your laptop you received a "hiren's 10.6" disk. 

I'm not sure why this disk was provided post repairs. Upon further research, I got the know that the Hiren's BootCD (also known as HBCD) is a bootable CD containing a number of diagnostic programs such as partitioning agents, system performance benchmarks, disk cloning and imaging tools, data recovery tools, MBR tools, BIOS tools, and others for fixing various computer problems.

However, such programs exist in the HP consumer computers too and we do not use such a disk for diagnosis. Maybe the service center might be using it for some external checks but I cannot make any speculations on it. 

I hope this answers your question. For further clarifications on the disk, you may contact the HP service center if you have their contact details. 

For any other questions feel free to reply with the exact computer model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

I hope this answers your question. Take care!

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (28 Views)

Ok! Thanks a lot!

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (25 Views)

@dragolollo

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

Take care! 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation