Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skip-
Level 2
31 18 1 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

How To Recover using WindowsImageBackup on USB Drive AFTER Drive Encrypted via HP Drive Encryption

HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Want to know the right way to recover before I have to. I have an HP Elitebook 850 G3 and the hard drive is encrypted via HP Drive Encryption. I'm assuming the "usual" process of booting from a USB Windows 7 Recovery memory stick and then just recovering from a USB drive with my latest WindowsImageBackup on it isn't going to work too well since the hard drive is encrypted. I have confirmed I can boot from a USB Windows 7 Recovery memory stick and see my latest WindowsImageBackup on an external USB drive BUT I don't want to do a recovery from it just to test to see if it works since if it TOTALLY mucks things up (technical term from ex-L2 support @ HP guy) I'm hosed.

So wondering what the proper way to do the recovery is since the drive is encrypted via HP Drive Encryption.

Thanks much!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation