Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-BS035NE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I Try to remove the battery to keep the laptop on with charger i founded to black buttons ,one on left the other on the right ..the Right With A lock Symbol when l try to move it to the right side to unlock the battery it moves smothly..the Left Side With A lock Symbolthe Left Side With A lock Symbol.but the other button didn't go to the other side .....is that normal or i should take it to the warranty centre??The Right Side With A Battery SymbolThe Right Side With A Battery Symbol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @ahmedashraf140

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you fo posting.

What you describe is perfectly normal behaviour for any notebook/laptop with a removable battery.

One of the button is a lock key, the other one is a release key. Your battery can be in locked and unlocked state, that is why this button does not move smootly. The other one is a release key - it moves smootly - if your battery is in unlocked state and you hold the release button, you can then remove the battery.

It's not recommended that you attempt to remove the battery while the PC is turned on and while connected to AC power. It is good to remove it only when the PC is not ON and when there is no AC power adapter attached.

Hope this helps. Please, let me know if this works for you and if this answers your query.

Don't hesitate to post again. 🙂

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @ahmedashraf140

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you fo posting.

What you describe is perfectly normal behaviour for any notebook/laptop with a removable battery.

One of the button is a lock key, the other one is a release key. Your battery can be in locked and unlocked state, that is why this button does not move smootly. The other one is a release key - it moves smootly - if your battery is in unlocked state and you hold the release button, you can then remove the battery.

It's not recommended that you attempt to remove the battery while the PC is turned on and while connected to AC power. It is good to remove it only when the PC is not ON and when there is no AC power adapter attached.

Hope this helps. Please, let me know if this works for you and if this answers your query.

Don't hesitate to post again. 🙂

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

So It isn't a fail from the company i thought that i had been tricked ,,,thank you ❤️

HP Recommended

@ahmedashraf140 wrote:

So It isn't a fail from the company i thought that i had been tricked ,,,thank you ❤️

No, don't worry. It's working normally. You are very welcome !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.