04-04-2012 02:55 PM
Hello I bought a laptop (HP DM1) from HP official website.
I have lost the sticker from the bottom of the laptop which had the windows 7 activation code on, and now I need it as I have had to buy a new hard disk and need to reinstall windows 7.
Please can you help. Is there a way for me to find out what this code is?
04-04-2012 03:52 PM
My warranty is more than 12 months old so i can't seem to email HP on their website for a replacement product key and I guess calling will be expensive.
Can anyone help let me know how to contact them for free via email (UK)? I
02-02-2013 05:29 AM
I have the same problem with my grandaughters machine- the sticker on the bottom has worn away, the notebook is past warrentee. The recovery system refuses to work. Key finders only work on functioning machines, not those doing blue screen crashes at start up. Any ideas - will/can HP provide details of the original code?
02-04-2013 09:22 AM
I see that you're having an issue finding the activation code for windows 7. To replace a Microsoft product key, you must contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support. To locate the appropriate telephone number, visit the following Microsoft Web site.
If you have any more questions please let me know.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)