Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Notebook ceased to function a week ago. Beep code (3 flashes) indicates memory. Cannot power off, have to remove battery, as startup goes into cycle of three attempts then a click and sound of HDD winding down then attempts start again.  Faulty power button? Safe mode start does not work. Been online to submit support request and form says netbook is out of warranty - but I have a care pack valid to 24.10.16  Have submitted this as a dispute twice with message saying I will be contacted within 1 working day So far no contact - not even email of confirmation. No email or phone number available to follow this up. Support site is appalling example of how to frustrate customers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

I am sorry that you are having issues with your computer. I have forwarded your concerns to the HP Forum Administrators for possible escalation. Please watch for a PM (private message) from an HP Representative on this forum.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

I am sorry that you are having issues with your computer. I have forwarded your concerns to the HP Forum Administrators for possible escalation. Please watch for a PM (private message) from an HP Representative on this forum.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Please try the HP Support phone number: 1 (800) 474-6836

You will be asked if you want to purchase an HP product, Tech Support, etc.

Choose Tech Support.

You will then be referred to the HP Support Website.  Hit '0' on your phone.

You will then be prompted to select your type of product [laptop, printer, etc] and be asked if you purchased it within the last 12 months or have purchased a 'Care Pack'. Say 'yes'.

You should then be connected to an HP Support rep.

Good luck! :generic:

HP Recommended

@JB4352

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The only reply I've had asa private response is asking me to post here all those details you've advised me not to post!

HP Recommended

You should provide those details by replying to the private message, not on the public forum. :generic:

HP Recommended

The only email address it gave was one that said - don't repsond to this email address, and then asked me to post all that information in the forum!

HP Recommended

Sorry for your troubles. :Crying:

Please try to contact HP Support by phone using the method I described in my earlier post.

Hopefully you will have better luck.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.