02-09-2013 08:31 AM
If the recovery partition and original OS are still there, start the PC and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F11 key to launch the recovery manager program.
Follow the on screen instructions to recover to factor specs.
Make sure you back up any files you don't want to lose as they will be wiped along with your current OS installation during the recovery process.
02-09-2013 08:37 AM
Is the factory settings your computer now or you installing other operation system ?
Make an Backup from your filles.
Shutdown your computer and press ESC a lot times when you start.
Showed: Start Up Menu.
Click in F11 System Recovery
After load click in Recovery System(3rd option I guess) follow the instructions. (Make Recovery without backup because you done already).
And your computer to be restore factory settings.
If you don't have a computer with the system factory.
You can make the download from this link in "Order Recovery Media - CD/DVD/USB":
If this answers help you click in Kudos to tanks.
If you don't have more question please click in Accept Solution to closed this case.
If you don't have more question click in Accept as Solution to close this case.
Best Regards Cristian Derick.
Senior Support Analyst.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)