09-21-2012 08:51 AM
Product: HP G56 # XG598UA#ABA Windows 7 64bit
I can no longer install windows updates because the computer itself claims I do not have a genuine copy of windows 7. The laptop was purchased with all software installed from HP. The exact error is "Windows 7 build 7601 This is not a genuine copy of windows"
Do I need to restore my computer to factory default or do I just need a new product key?
09-21-2012 08:57 AM - last edited on 02-21-2017 11:52 PM by OscarFuentes
Please find thelink given below might help you to resolve your issue.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
09-21-2012 08:58 AM - edited 09-21-2012 08:58 AM
Follow the instructions to re-activate your operating system found in this Microsoft Answers thread.
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)