Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (13,338 Views)

How do I restore my HP G56 running windows7 to factory settings or get a new os product key?

Product: HP G56 # XG598UA#ABA Windows 7 64bit

I can no longer install windows updates because the computer itself claims I do not have a genuine copy of windows 7.  The laptop was purchased with all software installed from HP.  The exact error is "Windows 7 build 7601 This is not a genuine copy of windows"

Do I need to restore my computer to factory default or do I just need a new product key?

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 4 (13,334 Views)

Re: How do I restore my HP G56 running windows7 to factory settings or get a new os product key?

[ Edited ]

Hi

Please find thelink given below might help you to resolve your issue.

Performing an HP System Recovery

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Provost
Message 3 of 4 (13,334 Views)

Re: How do I restore my HP G56 running windows7 to factory settings or get a new os product key?

[ Edited ]

Follow the instructions to re-activate your operating system found in this Microsoft Answers thread.

If I was able to help you or guide you on your way to resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Student
Message 4 of 4 (4,313 Views)

Power on password

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation