Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Help! Every session finds me with too many windows open! It's driving me crazy. I've looked all over and can't find an answer to this problem.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey mindia1,

I'm not sure which version of Internet Explorer you are using, however these steps are fairly universal. We need to make sure that tabbed browsing is enabled.

1. Open the Control Panel (click Start, type Control Panel, and then click on the Control Panel icon)
  2. Find & open "Internet Options" in the Control Panel (you may have to switch to "Large Icon" view and not Category View)
  3. Under the "General" tab, there should be a section called "Tabs". Click the "Tabs" button in that section, and you will find all sorts of options for tabbed browsing.
  4. Set up everything the way you'd like it, make sure that "Enable Tabbed Browsing" is checked.

ietabsettings.png

The settings on that screen are fairly self explanatory, however if you have questions about them, feel free to post here. Also make sure you are running the latest version of Internet Explorer by running Windows Update. IE10 is the latest release for Windows 7 and 8.

For more information on Internet Explorer tabs: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tabbed-browsing-frequently-asked-questions

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey mindia1,

I'm not sure which version of Internet Explorer you are using, however these steps are fairly universal. We need to make sure that tabbed browsing is enabled.

1. Open the Control Panel (click Start, type Control Panel, and then click on the Control Panel icon)
  2. Find & open "Internet Options" in the Control Panel (you may have to switch to "Large Icon" view and not Category View)
  3. Under the "General" tab, there should be a section called "Tabs". Click the "Tabs" button in that section, and you will find all sorts of options for tabbed browsing.
  4. Set up everything the way you'd like it, make sure that "Enable Tabbed Browsing" is checked.

ietabsettings.png

The settings on that screen are fairly self explanatory, however if you have questions about them, feel free to post here. Also make sure you are running the latest version of Internet Explorer by running Windows Update. IE10 is the latest release for Windows 7 and 8.

For more information on Internet Explorer tabs: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tabbed-browsing-frequently-asked-questions

___
I am an HP employee.
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Thanks! It worked!

HP Recommended
That's great! Thanks for posting back and marking it as a solution!
___
I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.