03-15-2011 12:55 AM
I just realized that this bloated assemblage of useless bottom feeder scum (My HP games) is taking up 1.2GB + on my HD.
I also realized that there is no God **bleep** way to uninstall it in Programs and Features
So my question is how in the hell do I uninstall it? Including, of course all of the Wild Tangent Weasel crap? :-) :-) :-)
THANK YOU - and Have a NICE DAY!
Solved! View Solution.
03-15-2011 03:22 AM - edited 03-15-2011 03:25 AM
Article about uninstalling their games you may find here.
If above solution will not solve your problem then try to uninstall them with WildTangent Remover.
03-15-2011 11:32 PM
OOPS! - I spoke too soon - Good News and Bad News - Wild Tangent did uninstall! That's the good news.
The BAD news is, there is still a WildTangent Folder in Program Data that has 1,261,916,436Bytes of my precious HD space.
It has an 8.6MB "My HP Game Console" folder and 30 games (I am assuming) with from 11MB to 106MB file size each.
How do I get rid of this giant 1.2Gig pain in the butt? Is it as simple as deleting the WildTangent folder?
03-16-2011 05:07 PM - edited 03-16-2011 05:07 PM
Is it as simple as deleting the WildTangent folder?
Yes, you just need to delete it.
08-15-2011 07:39 AM
I uninstalled all my games, HP and Windows. This recipe is for Windows 7 Home Premium. Here's what worked for me:
1) My first try was thru the Control Panel. I selected 'HP Games' and clicked 'Uninstall/Change' but I got errors and the games were still on the system. I use Avast Anti-virus software, so I unplugged my network cable and disabled Avast for 10 minutes. Repeating the uninstall removed all the WildTangent games.
2) On Control Panel, I then clicked on 'Programs and Features'. You need one of the icon views (not the Category View) to see this selection. In the top left, I selected 'Turn Windows Features on or off'. If you wish to get rid of all Windows games, unselect the check box for 'Games'. You can also expand 'Games' and keep or delete those you wish. This was successful, but there were still games left in the 'Start' menu.
3)I opened the 'Start' menu and right-clicked on one of the games and selected 'Open Folder Location'. I then ran the uninstall.exe program for each of the games. With my network cable unplugged, however, uninstalling 'Games Explorer' got an error, but all that remained was an empty folder.
Hope this is helpful....KK
07-06-2013 12:00 PM
I read how you said to uninstall hp games. I unchecked the games box but when i went to go right click on each of the games I didn't see anything where it says open folder location. I am using windows 7. Am I doing something wrong? I didn't go to programs and features first but I don't think that matters does it? Please get back to me. Thanks
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)