Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The HP keyboard shortcuts are overriding all of my keyboard shortcuts for actions in Photoshop. This is causing me a lot of lost productivity. Please someone, how to disable?

If anyone even reads this forum who knows anything...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Okay, I finally found this in the user's manual... You have to go into the bios to turn these keys off? SERIOUSLY? Whose fricken idea was that? GEEZ.

HP Recommended

I found one lame solution for those of you who also use Photoshop. If you press the function key first, your fkey shortcuts will work. But you have to press it every single time.

arrrrghhh.

HP Recommended

Have same problem with Photoshop CS6. Can you tell me what manual you found the info about disabling in BIOS? Also wher did you find your "lame" solution. I have spent hours trying to find this info.

Why would any sane person think that this program needed keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Have a look at this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

It is actually pretty easy to do once you get into the BIOS, I never use those functions so I don't miss them at all.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Shortly after I posted I realized  that your problem is different than mine. My problem was simpler to fix.

Found the answer at http://xahlee.info/mswin/disable_hp_support_info_key.html

Open your Start menu, and look for the folder named “PC Help & Tools”, right click the “HP support information”, then chose Properties.

The “HP support information” software in Start menu. On some machines, it's “Compaq Support Information”.

Click on the Shortcut tab, then the Shortcut key field, then just delete it there.

You can also find the file directly at 〔C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PC Help & Tools〕

HP Recommended

That's good to know. Glad you solved your problem! This forum can be a labyrinth of non-information when you need answers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.