Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I just bought a hp laptop (Pavilion g6 1143ex) with free dos, how can I install Windows 7 and also drivers ? there is no drivers CD's included.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Dear MAFS, so simple just boot your laptop with the Win7 DVD and install it.

after that go on to the http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html by following the link "Drivers & Softwares" and write your Serial No and there you will find your required Drivers. 😉

HP Recommended

Dear USMANI,

Thank you for your reply.

1- There is a part called system, should I keep or remove.

2- After installation I can't connect to internet and I found some devices not configured such as ethernet, network, pci comm.  and sm bus controllers and pci device.

Would you please to help in these also.

Thank you for your help in advance.

HP Recommended

Dear the partition SYSTEM is about 100 MB / 1 GB, there is nothing inside this "it is use as recovery part" 

just insert your Device serial No which will be found in BIOS during Booting and find the drivers for your LAPTOP.

HP Recommended

Dear just download the Ethernet drivers from other PC and copy and install it on your desired LAPTOP and then connect it to the internet and update the remaining drivers.

😉

HP Recommended

hi,

i just bought Samsung laptop. i dont know how to install windows 8 into the laptop due when i on it it already in free dos.

please advice.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.