Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (80 Views)

How to reset my hp pavilion

Product Name: 27-a031
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I am having trouble resetting my ho pavilion desktop to the factory settings. It goes through and at the end it says there was a problem. How can I reset my desktop?
0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (58 Views)

Re: How to reset my hp pavilion

What problem does it say there is? And I asssume you are trying to recover the factory software with the F11 restore option? That can fail if you have a bad hard drive or bad RAM. And what has prompted you to restore it? The same problem may be the reason it won't restore properly. 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (52 Views)

After a while of trying to reset it it says it has failed to try again at some other time. I tried it through the controls panel and with the f11 option. My kids somehow had chromium installed in the computer and won’t uninstall. I was just trying to reset the computer and start it fresh.
Provost
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)

Yeah turn it off and right when you power it on tap esc then F2 to enter diagnostics and run a test on the hard drive and RAM. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation