Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
  • My computer ran into problems. It's saying your pc/device needs to be repaired. That the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors It's displaying error code 0x0000221.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Enejor_1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

As I understand you are getting an error message upon startup on your HP Envy notebook. I'll really be glad to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any hardware or software changes to the PC?

Was any update/reset process interrupted, recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard Reset

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Run a System diagnostics test as well as extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2

Depending on the test results, If all the test passes, I would suggest you perform a system recovery using the partition available on your PC. Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions, so if you have any important data go ahead and back it up. If for some reason the recovery fails, this could be due to the partition being either corrupted or the system file missing.

Link to perform System Recovery: Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.