Post new question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (136 Views)

Hp Recovery Manager

Hi I have Hp-Labtop with windows 10 home edition, few days I think windows a liitle bit slow, So I decided to make a recovery

Hp recovery manager gives a message that recovery parition is not found(recovery parition exists in my computer and I haven't touch it)

I have split C into two paritions one for my files and other for windows, could this be the reason????

also by mistake windows.old was deleted.....

If I try to create recover disks through Recovery manager will this delete recovery parition or what???

Help Please

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (112 Views)

Re: Hp Recovery Manager

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Any changes you make to the default partitioning scheme is likely to generate problems later when you try to use the built-in recovery function.  This sound like what has happened to you.

If you use the option to make recovery disks, that will not do anything to the existing partitions or filesystem on your PC, but since you did mess around with the partitions, that function might not work, anymore.

And, if it does not, the ONLY way to then get it back is to use HP Recovery Media (a set of disks you order from HP) and the first thing that does is erase the entire disk and reformat it from scratch.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Grad Student
Message 3 of 4 (104 Views)

Hi Abdallah,

Splitting C into 2 partition is absolutely fine.  The error  recovery parition is not found is not due to this.   That must be because of some system file getting corrupted. 

We can still do the recovery .  Turn the computer off, and while you turn back on , keep tapping on F11 (TAP..TAP.. TAP.. TAP.. ) .  You will see options like  continue, troubleshoot, reset , advanced. 

Choose troubleshoot/recovery manager/system recovery ..  This will set the recovery in motion.

Please reply the result/outcome of the above steps.

Thanking you for choosing HP.

Ashok ... HP..always working
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (85 Views)

when i press F11 I get this messeage

even when I try to boot from USB drive86fd5816-83a4-4723-9675-ca4d33ebf3c9.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation