Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ckt621
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp laptop won’t turn on, orange light when plugged in/ press power light turns white

When plugged into my laptop charger indicator light is orange when you try to power on laptop the WiFi symbol lights up for a sec and the power indicator changes to white then stops and goes back to orange.... please help
12 REPLIES 12
pritam2015
Level 6
607 602 39 72
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp laptop won’t turn on, orange light when plugged in/ press power light turns white

Hi,

Note down the LED/beep signals given by your notebook when you press the power button. [note the battery led light/Wireless button/CapsLock button]

Mention these LED signals here.

For primary troubleshooting follow these simple solutions

>>Hard reset

1. Shut down your notebook and remove the battery.
  2. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  3. After 10-15 seconds reinsert the battery.
  4. Start your notebook and check if the problem is solved.

>>Bios recovery

1. Shut down your notebook.
  2. While notebook is turned off the press and hold [Windows Button + B].
  3. While pressing these keys press power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Release power button after 3 seconds while keep pressing [windows button + B]
  5. Your notebook will boot into BIOS recovery mode immediately or it will beep 8 times and will take 45 seconds to boot into BIOS recovery mode.
  6. Do not release [Windows button + B] Until you don't see the BIOS recovery mode on your LED screen.
  7. Follow on-screen instructions to recover bios.

Good luck

Good luck.
I hope this worked for you.
If it worked for you don't forget to Mark as Solution.
Highlighted
Ckt621
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The first portion did not work, the bios screen doesn’t even pop up I think it may be the battery or the charging piece in the laptop that may be the issue but I’m not sure. After doing those steps I now noticed the light that indicates charging is now white and not orange
pritam2015
Level 6
607 602 39 72
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If charging indicator blinking 3 times in red/white color when you press power button then it should be a battery or Adapter issue.

Try the following.

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Plug in the charger and see if it starts.
  3. If it starts it should be a battery problem.
  4. If it does not start then there should be an adapter issue.

If your notebook isn't starting then try changing the charging adapter.

Good luck.

Good luck.
I hope this worked for you.
If it worked for you don't forget to Mark as Solution.
0 Kudos
Nellyk001
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pls help me....having same issue here
0 Kudos
Nellyk001
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I mistakenly restore the bios to default, immediately the system went off and never come on again
Keep shine orange light. If I press the power button

Pls need ur help
0 Kudos
Arkadipta_98
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I followed your steps and turns out I've a battery problem... Now can you tell me how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Loco_Barocco
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had similar problems, turned out that a power control component on the motherboard was broken. If you still have warranty then let HP do it, in my case a motherboard replacement would have set me back 400 USD, instead I took it to a local repair shop and they instead replaced the component for 80 USD.

0 Kudos
Mimosa132000
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pritam2015 wrote:

Hi,

Note down the LED/beep signals given by your notebook when you press the power button. [note the battery led light/Wireless button/CapsLock button]

Mention these LED signals here.

For primary troubleshooting follow these simple solutions

>>Hard reset

1. Shut down your notebook and remove the battery.
  2. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  3. After 10-15 seconds reinsert the battery.
  4. Start your notebook and check if the problem is solved.

>>Bios recovery

1. Shut down your notebook.
  2. While notebook is turned off the press and hold [Windows Button + B].
  3. While pressing these keys press power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Release power button after 3 seconds while keep pressing [windows button + B]
  5. Your notebook will boot into BIOS recovery mode immediately or it will beep 8 times and will take 45 seconds to boot into BIOS recovery mode.
  6. Do not release [Windows button + B] Until you don't see the BIOS recovery mode on your LED screen.
  7. Follow on-screen instructions to recover bios.

Good luck

THANK YOU SO MUCH this helped me I had been freaking out and was desperate this genuinely worked for my problem god bless

0 Kudos
Jay139
6 2 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was it the power jack adapter that they changed? I ask before I have my eyes on an hp with the exact same problem and am considering buying it online. 

thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation