Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
When plugged into my laptop charger indicator light is orange when you try to power on laptop the WiFi symbol lights up for a sec and the power indicator changes to white then stops and goes back to orange.... please help
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Note down the LED/beep signals given by your notebook when you press the power button. [note the battery led light/Wireless button/CapsLock button]

Mention these LED signals here.

For primary troubleshooting follow these simple solutions

>>Hard reset

1. Shut down your notebook and remove the battery.
  2. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  3. After 10-15 seconds reinsert the battery.
  4. Start your notebook and check if the problem is solved.

>>Bios recovery

1. Shut down your notebook.
  2. While notebook is turned off the press and hold [Windows Button + B].
  3. While pressing these keys press power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Release power button after 3 seconds while keep pressing [windows button + B]
  5. Your notebook will boot into BIOS recovery mode immediately or it will beep 8 times and will take 45 seconds to boot into BIOS recovery mode.
  6. Do not release [Windows button + B] Until you don't see the BIOS recovery mode on your LED screen.
  7. Follow on-screen instructions to recover bios.

Good luck

HP Recommended
The first portion did not work, the bios screen doesn’t even pop up I think it may be the battery or the charging piece in the laptop that may be the issue but I’m not sure. After doing those steps I now noticed the light that indicates charging is now white and not orange
HP Recommended

Hi,

If charging indicator blinking 3 times in red/white color when you press power button then it should be a battery or Adapter issue.

Try the following.

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Plug in the charger and see if it starts.
  3. If it starts it should be a battery problem.
  4. If it does not start then there should be an adapter issue.

If your notebook isn't starting then try changing the charging adapter.

Good luck.

HP Recommended
Pls help me....having same issue here
HP Recommended
I mistakenly restore the bios to default, immediately the system went off and never come on again
Keep shine orange light. If I press the power button

Pls need ur help
HP Recommended

So I followed your steps and turns out I've a battery problem... Now can you tell me how to fix it?

HP Recommended

I've had similar problems, turned out that a power control component on the motherboard was broken. If you still have warranty then let HP do it, in my case a motherboard replacement would have set me back 400 USD, instead I took it to a local repair shop and they instead replaced the component for 80 USD.

HP Recommended

@pritam2015 wrote:

Hi,

Note down the LED/beep signals given by your notebook when you press the power button. [note the battery led light/Wireless button/CapsLock button]

Mention these LED signals here.

For primary troubleshooting follow these simple solutions

>>Hard reset

1. Shut down your notebook and remove the battery.
  2. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  3. After 10-15 seconds reinsert the battery.
  4. Start your notebook and check if the problem is solved.

>>Bios recovery

1. Shut down your notebook.
  2. While notebook is turned off the press and hold [Windows Button + B].
  3. While pressing these keys press power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Release power button after 3 seconds while keep pressing [windows button + B]
  5. Your notebook will boot into BIOS recovery mode immediately or it will beep 8 times and will take 45 seconds to boot into BIOS recovery mode.
  6. Do not release [Windows button + B] Until you don't see the BIOS recovery mode on your LED screen.
  7. Follow on-screen instructions to recover bios.

Good luck

THANK YOU SO MUCH this helped me I had been freaking out and was desperate this genuinely worked for my problem god bless

HP Recommended

Was it the power jack adapter that they changed? I ask before I have my eyes on an hp with the exact same problem and am considering buying it online. 

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.