Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So my hp notebook was reseting then i actually click something

Boot Device Not Found 3F0

I was oh s#&+t

I turn it on then this problem appeared.

I need help ?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

And we would love to try to help but you have to give us the model of the laptop. 

HP Recommended
15-ay041wm
HP Recommended

OK your laptop has a 1 TB 5400 rpm mechanical hard drive. Try tappling F2 as you power up to get into diagnostics and find the hard drive test. Run the full version and report results, please. 

HP Recommended
Testing Drive : 1

SMART Check : PASSED

Long DST : FAILED

FAILURE ID : 9K1GGK-8JU8K8-XD7X6K-61AN03

HARD DRIVE 1
HP Recommended

As I suspected. Unfortunately the hard drive needs replacement. If you are at all technically inclined we can help you replace it. Or better yet, are you under warranty?

HP Recommended
Yes I'm on warranty
HP Recommended

Then you need to start a support case with HP and they will replace the hard drive for you. It will mean losing any data on the hard drive as they will return it to you in factory state. Since that is a Wal-Mart model I assume you are in the US? 

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/scm/home?ac.admitted=1492185357207.1123376534.4928...

HP Recommended
Yes Your Right it's an walmart model

HP Recommended
Im just going to repair it using screwdriver
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.