Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (250 Views)

Hp pavilion

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Pavilion x2 10-n113dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was having some issues with my laptop being slow and randomly shutting down applications that were open. I scanned for viruses thinking that could be the cause, but none were found. I then decided to just do a total reset and erase literally everything on there. The reset got to around 62% and then it said it failed. Now my laptop will not completely turn on. It just goes to a black screen with the HP logo and then back to a black screen. Every once in a while an error screen pops up with a message saying something like CMOS checksum error. I have tried resetting it with the power button but it haven't worked. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's only a couple months old and I really don't want to buy a new one!

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 4 (221 Views)

Re: Hp pavilion

Hi Kaylarea. Welcome to HP Forums.

Can you access the BIOS? Turn the laptop off and then on and press F1 or F10 to enter the BIOS. Check if your time and date are set corectly. Waiting for you rep on the matter

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (191 Views)

No they are not correct
Intern
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

Try to set them right and see if you get the same CMOS error. Waiting for you rep.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation