Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bq007ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I bought a laptop, I came home, I see the brightness is terribly weak, I think something is wrong here, I decided to check on the HP website, and it turned out that it was already purchased on May 10, 2018 and the warranty ended on May 11, 2011! The store where I bought the laptop ALT-DEL.ru - scammers, they started talking on the phone that everything was okay, the guarantee was from the moment of purchase by check 02.15.2020, but how can this be if the guarantee is over on the official website? When they realized in the store that I didn’t believe them, they told me to fill in incomprehensible pieces of paper and comes in a week, but why should I fill them out if I have a check ?! Help! What should I do? serial number: 8CG8150NLN

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@braYtonBogdan 

The HP warranty program runs from one year only -- from  the date of manufacture, not the date of purchase.  When someone buys the PC, they register it with HP and then reset the warranty start date to their purchase date.  But even then, by now the 12 months has ended, even if it did get reset.

HP is not in the business of repairing PCs out of warranty, so you would have to find a laptop service facility to examine and and find out the issues that need fixing.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I agree with "WAWood", HP cannot be liable as the Computer is a used older one.

About the only option is, if your cheque has not cleared, contact your Bank to stop payment. Otherwise the old adage, buyer beware.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.