05-01-2012 11:19 PM
I can't remember the password to the administrator account on my laptop. I don't have a recovery disk either. How can I reset my password? I don't care if I have to do a complete reboot and lose any info.
05-02-2012 05:57 AM
You should be able to do this without losing any data - try using a password reset utility such as the free application on the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)